Call Campbell: (509) 316-0440 Schedule Service Leave A Review
As Americans, we have survived many troubling times throughout history and we've been strengthened by each.Today, let us come together for the greater good: to help our neighbors and to support our Tri-Cities community.We want to challenge all local businesses and individuals to contribute to the #CommunityStrong movement. Every dollar donated will go to struggling local restaurants who will, in turn, provide free meals to local people in need. Together we are Community Strong!

Plumber vs. Water Utility- Know When to Call

Spooky HVAC & Plumbing Mistakes To Avoid
October 31, 2017
Fats, Oil, & Grease How Bad Can It Be?
November 21, 2017
Show all

Plumber vs. Water Utility- Know When to Call

When you suspect a water leak, it’s hard to know who to call: your water utility or a plumber? It depends on the situation, but here are a few tips to help you decide.

example of a water meter

If an increase in your water bill is the reason you suspect a leak, you’re probably better off calling a plumber at Campbell & Co. The water utility will only repair leaks on their side of your water meter. If the water meter is turning more than it usually does, guess what that means? The problem is most likely between the meter and your house. You’ll need a plumber to take care of it.



Broken underground pipes can create sink holes.


What if there’s a puddle in your driveway, and you suspect the water is coming from underground pipes? It could be either your house lines or the water company’s. The best way to find out is to make sure all the water in your house is shut off, and check the meter. If it’s still turning, the leak is on your side. Call a plumber at Campbell & Co.


If the meter is not turning, the leak is on the water company’s lines. Call and report it to your water utility. Many water utilities charge a service run fee if you call in a leak that ends up being on your property. If you take the time to make sure which side of the water meter the problem lies on, you can save time and money.


Worried about your water bill if the leak is on your property? Some water utilities will give customers a one-time credit or adjustment to their bill. Call and explain that you had a leak, and offer to provide a plumber’s invoice to show you’ve had it fixed. Ask your local water company if they’re willing to make a leak adjustment.

If you do discover a leak on your property, call Campbell & Company, any hour. Don’t incur a needless service run fee on top of the leak repair cost and extra water usage. Campbell & Company is proud to offer the finest plumbing services available for our customers in Yakima and the Tri-Cities. No matter how big or small of a job you have, our team is ready to assist you in a prompt and professional manner.


Utility departments based on residential location

City of Kennewick



City of Richland



City of Pasco


After hours phone : 509 545-2737


City of Yakima

Water: For emergencies involving ruptured or leaking water pipes, please call (509) 575-6154
Sewer: For emergencies involving a sewer back up, please call (509) 575-6077.