Feel the Love | Nominate a neighbor in need of a new HVAC system | Ends Aug 21
Current Promotions
Serving Tri-Cities, Yakima Valley and Surrounding Areas
back to blog

Plumber vs. Water Utility- Know When to Call

Campbell & company when to call plumber vs water utility

When you suspect a water leak, it’s hard to know who to call: your water utility or a plumber? It depends on the situation, but here are a few tips to help you decide.

Water meter

example of a water meter

If an increase in your water bill is the reason you suspect a leak, you’re probably better off calling a plumber at Campbell & Co. The water utility will only repair leaks on their side of your water meter. If the water meter is turning more than it usually does, guess what that means? The problem is most likely between the meter and your house. You’ll need a plumber to take care of it.
sinkhole damage in middle of a street

Broken underground pipes can create sink holes.

What if there’s a puddle in your driveway, and you suspect the water is coming from underground pipes? It could be either your house lines or the water company’s. The best way to find out is to make sure all the water in your house is shut off, and check the meter. If it’s still turning, the leak is on your side. Call a plumber at Campbell & Co. If the meter is not turning, the leak is on the water company’s lines. Call and report it to your water utility. Many water utilities charge a service run fee if you call in a leak that ends up being on your property. If you take the time to make sure which side of the water meter the problem lies on, you can save time and money. Worried about your water bill if the leak is on your property? Some water utilities will give customers a one-time credit or adjustment to their bill. Call and explain that you had a leak, and offer to provide a plumber’s invoice to show you’ve had it fixed. Ask your local water company if they’re willing to make a leak adjustment. If you do discover a leak on your property, call Campbell & Company, any hour. Don’t incur a needless service run fee on top of the leak repair cost and extra water usage. Campbell & Company is proud to offer the finest plumbing services available for our customers in Yakima and the Tri-Cities. No matter how big or small of a job you have, our team is ready to assist you in a prompt and professional manner.

Utility departments based on residential location

City of Kennewick 509-545-9848 https://www.go2kennewick.com/752/Utilities City of Richland 509-545-9848 https://www.ci.richland.wa.us/departments/public-works/water-utility City of Pasco 509-545-9848 After hours phone : 509-545-9848 https://www.pasco-wa.gov/150/Utility-Billing City of Yakima 509-545-9848 Water: For emergencies involving ruptured or leaking water pipes, please call 509-545-9848 Sewer: For emergencies involving a sewer back up, please call 509-545-9848. https://www.yakimawa.gov/services/utility-services/
Schedule Service Today

Sidebar Form

Form Wave Background Image
TrustRight Plan

Save with easy, automatic tune-ups on your equipment. Join Now
Want to know more about your payment options? Learn More
Areas We Serve Benton City | Burbank
| Ellensburg | Grandview | Kennewick | Kiona | Mattawa | Mesa
| Moxee | Pasco | Richland | Yakima
Campbell & Company service area including Yakima, Richland, Kennewick, Connell & Walla Walla