Campbell & Company continues to “Pay it Forward” in 2015
February 5, 2015
Campbell & Company is pleased to announce that they will continue and expand their “Pay it Forward” program throughout 2015. Nominations will be accepted on-line for needy families or individuals needing HVAC, plumbing or electrical services to help ease the financial burden. Priority will be given to those with a unique need or desperate medical condition. Veteran needs will also be considered.
In May of 2014 Campbell & Company management and staff created the new public service program where Community members were encouraged to nominate families who were in dire need of air conditioning but could not afford it. Over 400 nominations were submitted. Nominations were reviewed and selected by the Benton Franklin Community Action Committee, an objective community based organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for families and individuals through the promotion of self-sufficiency.
Over the course of the summer the staff performed over $12,006 in free diagnostics and repairs for 9 of the nominees. Additionally two complete system replacement/installations were awarded to families in Burbank and Yakima. “The nomination stories for services were compelling and heartrending”, said Brian Campbell, Vice President of Retail Operations. “We were able to provide comfort for many people- veterans, the elderly, people affected with serious health issues, and folks down on their luck. As our team reflected on the positive impact the program had, it was evident that “Pay it Forward” should be an ongoing service to our community.”
One particular example of the “Pay it Forward” initiative was that of a family whose child has a very rare auto immune disease, causing her to stay inside during the day. The heating and cooling system went out 2 years ago making it hotter in the house then outside. Most people would go outside to cool down but this child could not. The family was unable to afford to get the air conditioning fixed with all the medical bills and doctor appointments. Campbell & Company replaced their HVAC system free of charge. A total of $28,532 in product and services were provided to 11 families in the Tri-Cities and Yakima region during 2014.
Mike Campbell, President of Campbell & Company is proud of the staff for their initiative and avid support. “This idea to eagerly “give back” is symbolic of the culture of our company. Our incredible team really cares about the communities we serve and works hard to make a difference by improving the home comfort for those in need.”
Home services will be awarded quarterly to those deemed most in need of support. Nomination forms will be available on the Campbell & Company website- trustcampbell.com
Pay It Forward
The committee has selected the recipients of the donations for repair on their air conditioning system. We are pleased to announce we are able to help provide cooling repairs to the below listed nominees.
David G, Kennewick, Clyde H, Walla Walla, Gracie G, Pasco, Shona S, Kennewick, Antonia T, Kennewick, Melecio M, Kennewick, Guadalupe C, Kennewick, David V, Pasco, Keith G, Benton City
The recipients of the system replacement are: Juditha R, Yakima and Shellie S in Burbank.
Pay it Forward Disclaimer:
• The nominations are open to owner occupied, single family homes with central heating & cooling systems.
• Entrants must be 21 or older.
• Entrants must own and live in the home entered in the contest and reside within our service area.
• Entries must be received by 5 PM on July 31, 2014.
• The selected qualified recipients will be chosen by an objective community review committee in August 2014 and informed prior to media announcements.
• The chosen qualified recipients will be posted online at TrustCampbell.com by August 30, 2014.
• There may be several nominees selected. The awarded value of service and equipment of at least $30,000 is for the entire promotion, not per recipient. The chosen recipients will receive either repairs or system replacement, based on pre-qualifying inspection needs.
• The chosen recipients will agree to allow Campbell & Company to use images and likenesses of the old and new unit and homeowners and the homeowner’s name in promotional materials.
• The nominator agrees to allow Campbell & Company to use the application description in promotional material and media announcements.
• Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
• No entry fee or purchase is required.
• Employees of Campbell & Company and their family members are not eligible.
• All decisions are final.
• Restrictions: electrical upgrades, any hazardous material removal and abatement (e.g., asbestos), and any improvements needed to bring the installation in compliance with existing building, mechanical and electrical codes are not included.
Service Areas include: Basin City, Benton City, Bickleton, Burbank, Connell, Desert Aire, Ellensburg, Eltopia, Ephrata, Grandview, Granger, Hermiston, Kahlotus, Kennewick, Kiona, Mabton, Mattawa, Mesa, Moxee, Naches, Othello, Pasco, Prosser, Richland, Selah, Sunnyside, Tieton, Toppenish, Union Gap, Walla Wall, Wallula, Wapato, West Richland, Yakima, Zillah
Campbell & Company donates a “cool” community project!
Summer’s heat can be brutal in the Tri-Cities, especially for those without air conditioning.
In consideration of the hot months ahead, Campbell & Company management and staff is inviting the community to “pay it forward” by nominating a local homeowner who is in grave need of Air Conditioning repair…but cannot afford it at this time.
“Our staff is excited to be able to lend their expertise to someone that needs help with their home comfort” says Mike Campbell, owner of Campbell & Company. “When the idea was first broached, it was a “no brainer” to put the program together, given the enthusiasm and commitment from our incredible team.”
Nominations will be accepted until July 31 and the recipient will be selected by an objective community based review committee. At least $30,000 in home services will be awarded to those deemed most in need of home comfort. Nomination forms will be available on the Campbell & Company website- trustcampbell.com
Lennox, Johnstone Supply and Tri-Cities Community Federal Credit Union are partners in the project.
Save with easy, automatic tune-ups on your equipment. Join Now
Want to know more about your payment options? Learn More