5 HVAC System Sounds You Don’t Want to HearHome and business owners alike should take note of the various sounds their air conditioning unit makes. Some are normal, but others act as a warning sign that should prompt owners to get their system inspected. The following are some of the more ominous sounds that you won’t want to hear from your HVAC system.
1. RattlingThis can be caused by a number of things: loose wiring, loose nuts or bolts or the collection of leaves, twigs and other debris in the exterior AC unit. It could also point to failing motor bearings. Parts that are put out of balance will make a clanking noise.
2. BangingSome damaged parts, such as bent fan blades, may create a banging noise. Worst of all, though, it could signify a problem with the compressor. Compressors are expensive to replace, so at Campbell & Company, we often recommend AC replacement as the most cost-effective route for our Pasco customers.
3. Hissing and WhistlingBoth sounds indicate a leak. Hissing means your system is leaking refrigerant. This situation requires immediate service, for refrigerant is hazardous to one’s health and the environment. Whistling is what you would hear when the ductwork for your HVAC system or heat pump is leaking air.
4. Buzzing and ClickingThese point to electrical problems. A clicking that is continuous and not just heard when the AC turns on and off usually points to a defective relay. Buzzing may signal bad circuit breakers or electrical connections.
5. Squealing and ScreechingBad motor bearings and blower motor belts are often behind these noises. A bad motor itself may produce a squealing sound. Another possible explanation is that the blower motor unit simply needs lubrication. If there’s a problem with your HVAC, you want to make sure it’s properly diagnosed and repaired. This is where Campbell & Company comes in with its 100% satisfaction guarantee. Established in 1983, we have fully licensed and insured technicians ready to come over. For more information, contact us today. We offer heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical services to our Pasco customers.
• Inspection of all exterior hose faucets to make sure they aren’t leaking which can cause freezing and bursting • Inspection of water lines in crawlspace for insulation as well as education on foundation vent insulation. • Inspect water heaters for age and proper function • Provide education on what to expect during the winter-time from your water heater. See All Coupons
Save with easy, automatic tune-ups on your equipment. Join Now
Want to know more about your payment options? Learn More